DSR Immigration & International Education Consultancy

Hospitality course details

Courses Information

Are you a people’s person, interested in serving people’s needs? Do you love smiling and bringing joy into people’s lives? If yes, then the hospitality industry is the right place for you. Demanding courteous treatment and greeting of guests, this industry comes under the tourism and service sector.
Hospitality industry touches the transportation sector such as airlines and cruise lines, hotels, theme parks, lodging, cafes, restaurants and caterers.

What will the course teach?
Some of the core subjects that are taught in this course are:
  • Organizational Leadership
  • Knowledge, Creativity and Innovation
  • Cross-Cultural Communication
  • Negotiation Skills
  • Operational Risk Management
  • Strategic Management
  • Sustainability in a Changing Environment
  • Learning in the Workplace

What is the minimum academic entry requirement?
Entry requirements vary according to the qualification on is applying for:
  • Diploma or Foundation: Completion of Year 11
  • Bachelor Degree: Completion of Year 12, Diploma or Foundation
  • Master Degree: An Australian Bachelor or equivalent + Work Experience (some universities)

What is the English competency requirement?
Students must have taken either of the following competency tests:
  • Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE Academic) 60
  • IELTS with an overall score of 5.5 to 6.5

What are the qualifications offered?
The student may work towards the following qualifications:
  • Diploma
  • Bachelor
  • Master

What are the course details?
The course duration varies from 1 year to 3 years, depending on the course chosen.

What career options open up after these courses?
These courses prepare and allow students to work in various establishments like hotels, restaurants, catering companies, airline industry, events, resorts, in a range of roles, like:
  • Hotel Staff or Manager
  • Food & Beverage Attendant
  • Catering Assistant
  • Travel Consultant
  • Tourism Company Director
  • Event Manager
  • Resort Manager
  • Hotel Receptionist
  • Cruise Manager
  • Regional Tourism Manager

What are the options for a Temporary Graduate Visa?
Hospitality graduates can apply for a Temporary Graduate Visa, which will allow them to study, work and live in Australia after their course completion, for a period of 18 months to 2 years. They can choose to gain relevant work experience, which will be considered if they apply for Permanent Residency later on.
          If you are keen to pursue your study in Hospitality in Australia, we are here to help you make the right choice.